- You are fond of art. aren't you?
- Yes. I am. I am not very good at painting but I try to go to every art exhibition. Besides, I've read a lot about Russian painters.
- Do you collect books on painting?
- I wouldn't say so. I've several books on art, but in general I borrow books from our libraries. Are you fond of art?
- Yes. I am. Besides, I like music, or to be more exact classical music.
- Who is your favourite composer?
- I like Chaikovsky, Rakhmanlnov. Mussorgsky...
- I appreciate your taste. Modest Mussorgsky depicted the most tragic events of Russian history in his operas. Take his opera 'Boris Godunov'...
- I have heard 'Boris Godunov' three times. I must admit I enjoyed every minute of it.
- Don't you think that Mussorgsky and Andrey Tarkovsky have very much in common?
- Do you want to say that Tarkovsky's films and Mussorgsky's operas have much in common?
- That's exactly what I mean. Their talents match. Do you agree with me?
- I have never thought about it. Andrey Tarkovsky was really a very gifted person. It is a pity that his life was very short. Have you seen his films?
- Yes. I have seen all his films. They give much food for thought.
- I believe that each of his films should be seen several times.
- I agree with you here. The more you see such films the better you understand them.
- Andrey Tarkovsky wanted to stage his own production of 'Boris Godunov'. Do you know that?
- I am happy to inform you that his dream has been realised.
Вы можете использовать этот диалог на английском языке по своему усмотрению. Этот диалог может быть основой для написания собственного диалога, а также вы можете использовать его при подготовке к урокам и в случае самостоятельного обучения. Перевод диалога на тему MY FAVOURITE ART пока ожидается